What better combination than the gorgeous surroundings and gardens of RHS Harlow Carr, near Harrogate, with 13 great events by Deborah at Just Makers which includes the work of numerous local and independent designers, artists and makers? I have to say, I am so pleased to be asked to be a part of this and it’s going to be an exciting year ahead for Deborah and the team. There are 2 events that I am pleased to be part of there this year, the first was ‘Let’s Get Creative’ from 31st Jan – 22nd Feb 2015, and the second coming up in summer is ‘Yorkshire is our Wonderland.’
The first event was a great success and as well as selling more illustrations than I had expected I hope the wealth of talent on show encouraged some people to be more creative and take up new skills this year. Here are some of my highlights from fellow makers and my top 5 picks (in no particular order) to show the variety on show:
- Half pint home – someone after my own heart, illustrating and creating cute designs for kids, I even bought a couple of things!
- Holmes made papercuts – I have the upmost admiration for anyone who has the patience of Melissa to make such stunning art. I find it hard enough cutting fairly simple stencils for my screenprinting
- Rainbow bags – I’m not a knitter but the idea of having everything I need in an adorable bag to get me started is such a good idea, and you have a ready made gift at the end of it, or of course you can keep it for yourself.
- Riddles Craft – I often bump into Helen at local events that we both do, and am amazed by how many new felted items I see each time, I can’t keep up which means there is always something new to buy
- Dragon Bakes – After the craze for The Great British Bake Off, what better way to spend a day than creating yummy creations with your kids that you can then enjoy together, if there are any left! Can’t wait until Harry is old enough for me to try some of these with him
Don’t just take my word for it, if you’re in the area then pop down to the Bath House at the bottom of the gardens, near the outdoor Betty’s as there is a different event each month. If you want to see my work then I will be there again from 4-31st Aug 2015.