Yay, I will finally be re-united with my sketchbookproject 2012 in London this weekend. This is my second book to go on tour, the first is now housed in the Brooklyn Art Library, and my third is in progress. For those of you who have not heard about it here’s a quick summary from my own point of view:
- Sign up to the Sketchbook Project, and choose your theme (I chose this is a sketchbook for my 2012 project)
- Then pay through the website and wait for the exciting post to arrive looking all new and ready to be personalised
- Get creative! For my 2012 sketchbook I chose to base it on my life as a bride and use it as a storybook because there are 32 pages (standard picture book)
- Then the hardest bit is saying goodbye and posting it back to New York before the deadline
- That’s it… let it fly off around the globe and hopefully be kept company along the way as people pick it off the shelves
I cannot recommend it enough, what are you waiting for? Sign up now if you haven’t already, and if you did the 2012 project then please post your name and sketchbook details below so I can add it to my list for Saturday. Thanks to a fab artist I met through twitter, Rob Jelinski, here is a Top 25 read list (only the European entries are coming to London) if you get chance to visit Canada Waters Library over the next week to see the fab creative books on display, and of course it would be great if mine got a few views before it heads back to live in New York – there could be an excuse for a holiday to the USA in there!
Thanks to Art House Co-op who make all of this possible…